National Alliance for Volunteer Action (NAVA) Foundation was established in Plovdiv in May 2000 as an organization for public benefit. The mission of NAVA is to revive the tradition of volunteerism in Bulgaria and to improve the public’s perception of volunteerism through organizing various initiatives, which include a large number of people from society, and promoting the values of volunteerism.
NAVA’s Strategic Goals:
- To popularize volunteerism as a form of citizenship and informal learning;
- To collaborate with local authorities in the implementation of local social and youth policy;
- To contribute to legal regulation of the conditions and modalities for volunteerism in Bulgaria;
- To develop social services for prevention and reintegration of children and people at rick and to provide support for their families;
- To increase awareness and sensitivity toward problems relating to abandonment and institutionalization
- To develop and support social entrepreneurship and other models for supporting people at risk
- Establish and support of Network of Centers for Volunteers.
By March 2015 NAVA is consolidate network of 50 Center for Volunteer / CFV / in over 20 administrative areas in the country.
The profile of the organizations hosting Centers for Volunteers, part of NAVAs` network is: NGOs, Hospitals, Centers for Social Support, Schools, Universities, Community Centers, Libraries, Municipalities, Commercial enterprises.
NAVA Foundation is a member of several major networks bringing together organizations working in the field of child and youth participation and active citizenship:
- National Network of Children / NNC Bulgaria /
- National Alliance for Social Responsibility / NASO /
- Civic Participation Forum
- Youth Forum for partnership with local authorities, Plovdiv
- European Volunteering Center (CEV)